Sunday, May 27, 2007

Being a wife

So today, was really my first experience being a real wife. Since we have been married, we have spent every minute together on our honeymoon, and when we got home, we had a few days off work, and we just layed around enjoying eachother's company.
JT went back to work today for the first time, and I was left alone, at our messy condo... It desperately needing someone to clean it. I have helped JT clean his homes before, but of course he paid me to do it for him. Now, I no longer get that luxery. I am his wife, and I have another week off work, so of course it seems to be my duty to clean his... I mean our home, for free? GAG! Oh yeah, I am starving right now, JT will be home from work in 2 hours, and I guess it would be the wife thing to do to make pork chops, corn and mashed potatoes, but the problem is I don' t know how to cook! I would so much rather go out to eat. But that would break our new goal of saving money, and only going out to eat once a week. I think I may sneak over to McDonald's and unwrap all the food, and put it on nice plates, just like it was home made, from a very loving wife. I guess I asumed that when I got married someday, nature would help me find the motivation to be a good american wife. Yeah, so not true, I have to find that motivation myself.
But for the record, I like all the other wifey stuff.

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

Good to know you like all the other wifey stuff. Cleaning isn't really my thing but cooking I like so if you need a few tips let me know. This I have learned that having dinner ready for the hubby's arrival makes the evening a very nice one;)